We are hiring – PR Account ManagerPosted: 6 July 2022
This is an exciting time for Fusion PR Creative and Karol Marketing – in April, Fusion was acquired by Karol, and this brought together the highest level of strategic communications, public affairs, PR and marketing, design and stakeholder engagement expertise in the region. Due to growth, we’re now looking for an experienced PR expert to join us.
Fusion and Karol are award-winning companies, both voted as the CIPR’s Outstanding Small Agency of the Year. We work with a variety of brands and organisations regionally, nationally and internationally across a range of sectors including, but not limited to, energy/renewables & environment, construction & regeneration, housing, consumer & retail, health & wellbeing, and digital technology. If you’d like to work in a dynamic company with excellent prospects and opportunities, alongside a forward-thinking team, we’d love to hear from you!
Job Title: PR Account Manager
Position: Full-time permanent
Location: A combination of home and office-based working when required (both the Fusion PR Creative office in Blyth and Karol Marketing office in Newcastle as necessary – Fusion is a separate trading entity owned by Karol Marketing).
Salary: circa £30k based upon experience.
Responsible to: Sheena Griffiths, Strategic Communications Director.
Candidates should be experienced in either agency or in-house PR and marketing roles, have a solid level of expertise and excellent knowledge of (and track record within) the following areas:
- PR account management, development and client relations
- Strategic communications, strategy creation, development and delivery
- Stakeholder engagement
- Social media/online management
- Marketing and business development
- Media relations
The following lists the key areas of work that you may be asked to carry out, take responsibility of and be accountable for. They are not totally exhaustive.
- Day-to-day running and management of PR accounts for clients operating across a variety of diverse sectors (private, public and third sector)
- The creation, development and effective delivery of strategic communication activities (proactive and reactive) in line with client objectives, values and needs
- Stakeholder engagement activities on behalf of clients (as well as Fusion/Karol) at a regional, national and international level
- Crisis communications and critical thinking, with the ability to work calmly and logically in the moment under intense pressure
- Content creation and generation (excellent writing skills for press releases, blogs, online posts, media, print/advertising copy and other items to a high standard, understanding what makes ‘news’ or ‘purposeful’ content)
- Media relations (local, national, international and trade) maintaining good journalistic contacts and achieving positive, meaningful and strategic exposure for clients on appropriate platforms/titles in line with wider strategic aims
- Social media planning, day-to-day posting and account management, and reporting/analysis on behalf of Fusion/Karol and clients
- Website CMS management in relation to updating client sites (content)
- Pitching and developing new concepts and activities for clients encompassing other marketing disciplines (eg creative design, digital)
- Becoming a key contact for clients (with full support from senior management), hosting and leading on regular meetings to maintain relationships (all parties) – both in-person and online
- Understanding the commercial workings and ongoing business requirements of the company
It is also key that candidates have the following attributes, demonstrate the relevant social skills and have aptitude for the work at a management level including:
- Ability to work independently demonstrating initiative, strategic thinking and creativity, as well as being part of a specialist and expert communications team accessing a variety of other skills and disciplines
- Willingness to learn and advance existing knowledge, skills and input, and develop a career benefiting from other areas of PR and strategic communications
- Ability to meet deadlines, often with a tight or last-minute turnaround, for clients, Fusion/Karol or the media etc, as well as be able to effectively multi-task to a satisfactory level (ie overseeing more than one client project or in-house activity at any given time)
- Having an excellent eye for detail and a good commercial understanding of ‘what works for the right reason’, project managing and proofing all work to ensure the highest standards of work are maintained and delivered
- Maintaining open and honest communications with fellow colleagues, line managers and clients to develop a ‘trusted advisor and manager’ role, keeping all parties informed with regards to work progress (and navigate/effectively managing any issues that may arise) so to deliver excellent service levels on a day-to-day basis
- To forecast, analyse and report back on all data metrics as and when required, fully tracking and changing activities if necessary
- To fully enjoy your work, becoming a valued and integral part of the Fusion/Karol team as well as a good ambassador for the company
Candidates will be given training wherever possible or necessary, as well as career development opportunities as appropriate, but are asked to:
- Maintain an awareness of any changes in practice and procedure that may be implemented, and ensure that such information is understood
- Work closely with the line manager to openly discuss any training and development requirements that are of interest or identified via 1-2-1 review sessions
Candidates are also asked to:
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of the business wherever relevant, appropriate or possible
- Understand the wider business services which Fusion/Karol both offer and actively cross sell/promote those services
- Effectively contribute to the business plan and future vision
- Have a good understanding of company objectives and provide support to the senior management team in achieving such objectives
- Demonstrate a good understanding of all aspects of financial management in relation to chargeable services, time and time management systems
- Be willing to work flexible hours if necessary
- Have good experience using Microsoft Office packages
- Have own transport/driving license (recommended)
Fusion/Karol are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated and able to thrive, efficiently deliver (even when under pressure) and hold responsibility in a busy, results-driven environment. A problem-solver with a positive ‘can do’ attitude is key, but most of all, someone who is good at what they do, gets the job done and is fun to be around.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com
Fusion PR Creative is an equal opportunities employer.