We are hiringPosted: 19 June 2019
Fusion PR Creative is an award-winning, strategic PR, communications and design agency based in Blyth, Northumberland. Named Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy (PRide Awards North East 2017), we work on behalf of major global brands and industry-leading organisations across a wide variety of sectors.
As PR Account Executive, you will be joining a team of highly-experienced public relations professionals, working closely with senior personnel to drive forward accounts and deliver strategic marketing, media relations and communication activities.
You will have the drive, initiative and ability to help promote the profile, products/services and reputation of clients to their intended target audiences.
As PR Account Executive, you’ll be asked to:
• generate (research, write and distribute) press releases, online posts and positive news coverage in broadcast, print, multimedia and social media platforms, selling in articles and often pitching key spokespeople as industry commentators
• liaise with clients and the media daily, often via telephone and email
• build strong relationships and networks with colleagues, clients and regional/national/international media (as appropriate)
• monitor media coverage achieved including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs
• monitor (and create) proactive media opportunities for clients
• work as part of an account team to develop client accounts and implement strategic PR activity
• prepare regular client reports and attend client meetings
• coordinate photography and other accompanying materials with third party suppliers
• assist with organising events including media conferences and promotional events
• attend and promote client events
• assist with the copywriting and production of online content/client publications such as in-house magazines, brochures, blogs and other marketing materials
• undertake research for new business proposals on behalf of senior personnel
You must demonstrate a desire to learn whilst using your own initiative, have the ability to work individually as well as part of a small team, possess a positive, professional and ‘can-do’ attitude whilst representing the Company, show excellent organisational skills, have a flexible working attitude and be a ‘self-starter’.
• Salary: £18-£21k per annum depending upon experience
• Benefits include pension scheme and 26 days holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays)
• Mainly office-based but travel is required for work purposes (the successful candidate must own a roadworthy vehicle to undertake such requirements and hold a full UK driving licence – evidence of class 1 business insurance is required)
• Competent in Microsoft packages and proficient on social media platforms
• Usual working hours: 8:30am-5pm (Mon-Fri) however a flexible approach to extended working hours (due to work demands) is necessary
Experience working in an agency environment would be preferable. Interested candidates are asked to send a CV to Joanne Hunter, General Manager, via email: email@example.com
Closing date is 21 June 2019 and no recruitment agencies please.
Fusion PR Creative is an equal opportunities employer.