We are hiring!Posted: 5 January 2021
If you’re an experienced PR account manager and you’re looking for a new start, we’d love to hear from you. Email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 15 January.
|Post Title||PR Account Manager|
|Currently home working due to restrictions but usually based at Blyth Workspace|
|Sheena Griffiths, Strategic Communications Director|
|PR accounts and relationship management
Training and development
Business development and marketing
Key skills and specification
|Day-to-day account management (both proactive and reactive PR activities, copywriting/content generation both on/offline, and all associated administrative requirements).
Media relations, good contacts database and article pitching.
Social media management, engagement, traffic growth, monitoring/tracking and results-driven content generation.
Pitching and delivery of strategic concepts to clients (business-related and day-to-day activities).
Multi-tasking (ie overseeing multiple client accounts and/or projects at any one time, ensuring compliance with deadlines and signing off on projects prior to them being presented.
Maintaining good relationships with clients, regular liaison to keep them informed and/or to highlight/navigate any issues.
Understanding the commercial needs and aspects of the agency.
The following lists the key areas for which you are responsible and accountable. They are not totally exhaustive.
PR Accounts and Relationship Management
• To be a key contact for the company’s clients.
• To assist clients with their brief via meetings in person (when applicable or restrictions allow), email, telephone and online (eg Teams, Skype etc) to ensure the project meets or exceeds the required standards.
• To develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, client stakeholders and executive sponsors.
• To ensure the timely and successful delivery of client solutions to meet their brief and objectives.
• To communicate the progress of monthly / quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
• To forecast and track key account metrics.
• To be responsible for keeping current clients satisfied and for the delivery of exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis.
• To be the key liaison between the client and peers, reporting back to the Communications Director, General Manager and/or Managing Director.
• To be responsible for the development of existing client relationships and for the integration of new client relationships in line with the business strategy.
Training and Development
• To maintain an awareness of changes in practice and procedure and to ensure that such information is disseminated to all appropriate colleagues.
• To ensure target training and development requirements are identified and actioned via your Training and Development review.
Business Development and Marketing
• To assist in the marketing and promotion of the Company’s business.
• To have the ability to get on with clients and fully understand their business and its strategic requirements.
• To understand the wider services which the Company offers and actively cross sell / promote those services.
• To effectively contribute to the business plan.
• To have a general understanding of the Company’s objectives and provide support to the senior directors in achieving those objectives.
• To demonstrate a broad understanding of all aspects of financial management and where possible maximise chargeable time recording.
• To ensure the best possible use of the Company’s working capital, ie time recording, work in progress, billing regime and invoices and aged debtors.
• To meet targets for chargeable and non-chargeable hours, ensuring all time spent on files is recorded accurately on the time recording system.
Key Skills and Specification
• To ensure delivery of the Fusion PR Creative philosophy.
• To be self-motivated and able to drive in a results-driven environment.
• To have a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
• To be fully proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps etc.
• To demonstrate the ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively both internally and externally.
• To have experience of effective client-focussed solutions based upon the brief provided.
• To have the ability to listen and accurately interpret client needs.
• To demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• To have an understanding of website development, marketing, measurement and analytics, content management, digital marketing and internet technology.
• To be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and the ability to quickly identify and resolve problems.
• To have the ability to work as part of a team as well as individually.
• To be focused on providing a consistently high standard of client care.
• To demonstrate the ability to work under pressure.
• To demonstrate a flexible attitude towards working hours.
• To have a valid driving licence and your own transport to travel to meetings.